ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - NATIONAL OFFICE
||Public Affairs & Member Services Intern (Paid)
||Public Affairs & Member Services
||VP of Public Affairs & Member Services
Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@abc.org
with "Public Affairs & Member Services Internship" in subject line.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org.
The Public Affairs and Member Services Intern will report to the VP of Public Affairs and Member Services and support various positions within the department depending on the project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Categorize and update sponsor asset library to ensure easy access to information for staff
- Develop tracking system for sponsorship deliverables and assist with sponsorship fulfillment
- Assist meetings team with administrative tasks for national events, including reviewing conference registration lists for targeted marketing outreach
- Assist with data entry, clean-up of sponsorship contact database and reporting in Sales Force
- Audit of member participation reports to determine membership status
- Prepare slide decks for ABC meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum requirement is to have completed at least two years of college.
- Attend to detail and strong organizational skills required.
- Good research and organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and other routine computer skills
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication. Proofreading and editing skills a plus.
- Strong telephone skills
- Organizational awareness and resourcefulness - understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions and resolve issues
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work with a demanding work schedule
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem-solving skills to resolve issues
- Demonstrate the highest level of personal and ethical standards
- Work accurately with close attention to detail
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Public Affairs, Member Services and Construction Executive Intern, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.