ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - NATIONAL OFFICE
TO APPLY: Click Here
||Marketing & Communications Coordinator
|Member Services & Public Affairs
|Senior Director of Public Affairs
to apply online.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at abc.org.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist reports to the Senior Director of Public Affairs and is tasked with supporting a broad range of marketing and communications activities related to ABC’s events, member programs and outreach to ABC chapters and members.
Description of Duties
- Draft, edit and/or proofread a variety of communications, including, but not limited to:
- News releases
- Stories for Newsline
- ABC’s weekly enewsletter
- Website copy
- Marketing communications
- Responsible for ABC Events app.
- Oversee production of electronic and onsite printed materials for ABC events.
- Oversee the photographers and videographers and manage production of final work product.
- Support the sponsorship team to coordinate sponsorship deliverables.
- Highly organized and able to manage, implement, and track multiple tasks and programs, with strong attention to detail.
- Continuous process improvement mindset.
- Ability to understand chapter/national relationships and maintain strong customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills a must.
- Organizational awareness & resourcefulness, with an understanding of who to engage in order to identify solutions & resolve issues.
- Ability to work on a team and work across departments to accomplish organizational goals.
- Strong writing and copywriting skills, specifically marketing programs or services.
- Proofreading experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in journalism, marketing, digital media and communications; or Associate’s degree with 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize against deadlines.
- Tech savvy, experience with email marketing systems and apps very helpful.
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication, copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to complete highly accurate work with close attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of email marketing systems
- Knowledge of the interplay between print and digital media, including social media and content marketing.
- Video production and editing skills
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Organizational awareness & resourcefulness; understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions & resolve issues
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem-solving skills to resolve issues
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.