|POSITION TITLE: ||Policy and Regulatory Assistant |
|FLSA STATUS: ||Non-Exempt |
|FUNCTIONAL AREA / DEPARTMENT: ||Government Affairs / External Relations |
|REPORTING SUPERVISOR: || Director of Policy |
ABC’s position descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s position descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor do they guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice. TO APPLY:
Please follow this link
. JOB OVERVIEW
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org.
The Policy and Regulatory Assistant will report directly to the Director of Policy, Government Affairs. The assistant is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Construction Legal Rights Foundation (CLRF) and will have significant contact with CLRF trustees, attorneys, and ABC chapter staff and members nationwide. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Serve as the day-to-day administrator of CLRF.
Coordinate and assist in preparing CLRF meetings and conference calls.
• Help chapter staff and ABC members and/or their attorneys understand and comply with CLRF procedures.
• Manage and coordinate legal and issue advocacy campaign applications for CLRF funding.
• Review, monitor, and coordinate payment of expenses authorized and funded by CLRF for individual legal cases and issue advocacy campaigns.
• Analyze existing case management and tracking systems and assist in developing new systems and/or modifications to existing systems.
• Assist in developing new policies and procedures for applications and process procedures as needed to meet the objectives of CLRF and serve the needs of ABC constituencies.
• Coordinate and assist as necessary in preparing CLRF’s management and financial reports to trustees, including case status, CLRF investments and balance sheet.
• Assist as necessary in developing the annual proposed budget, which is based on goals, estimated income, undesignated funds, cases subject to close, and long-term funding needed for existing legal cases and campaigns.
• Draft letters and other correspondence needed by the trustees that explain policies to ABC constituencies and funding decisions to applicants.
• Assist with ABC’s annual Legal Conference.
• Support efforts of ABC–particularly the Government Affairs department–which includes monitoring and researching federal regulatory issues, attending congressional hearings, updating the government affairs section of ABC’s website and other similar responsibilities as needed. Specialized Skills:
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with a broad range of professionals at all levels.
• Organizational awareness and resourcefulness–understand whom to engage in order to identify solutions and resolve issues.
• Demonstrated use of intermediate computer operations (basic programming, relational databases and operating systems) and intermediate software packages. Qualifications:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university. Experience:
• One year of work experience and familiarity with federal regulatory process. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
• Professional demeanor and presentation of self.
• Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines.
• Strong writing and verbal skills.
• Self-starter, highly organized.
• Ability to coordinate projects, meetings and/or events a plus.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding self-directed work schedule.
• Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently.
• Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues.
• Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
• Work accurately with close attention to detail. IMPORTANT NOTICES
• It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Disability Specifications:
• ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Physical Demands:
• While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Work Environment:
• This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.