ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - NATIONAL OFFICE
||Web Developer Intern
Please email your resume to email@example.com
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work.
The Web Developer Intern will assist the Web Services team with designing, building and implementing a new responsive-design website. Provide support for the association with website related issues. Gain knowledge in ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL, DotNetNuke and Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Point of contact and tier 1 support for our website environment.
- Enter all support issues into our ticketing system and manage appropriately.
- Cross-browser testing.
- Assist with designing, building and implementing a new responsive-design abc.org website.
- Learn and perform keyword research for SEO as required for the website redesign.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Proficient in HTML and CSS and the ability to turn a simple design into a web page.
- Adobe Photoshop proficiency
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Additional Skills—(a Plus But Not a Requirement)
- ASP.NET and Microsoft SQL
- Experience with DotNetNuke
- Majoring in Web Design/Development/Programming
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self.
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication, proofreading and editing skills.
- Organizational awareness & resourcefulness - understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions & resolve issues.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding work schedule.
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently. ·
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.