ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - NATIONAL OFFICE
TO APPLY: Apply online
|Senior Director of Chapter Relations & Information
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work.
ABC’s Information Technology department is involved in a number of large projects to modernize how it collects, shares, and manages its data, including:
- migrating off its current, vendor-owned AMS (association management system)
- building a new system using .NET and SQL Server
- replacing a number of Access databases built in-house with the .NET/SQL Server solution
The Data Analyst will work with business analysts, database and web programmers, project managers, and business stakeholders. He or she will participate in each phase of the SDLC (software development life cycle) on large system development projects. He or she will also engage in various small projects requiring data analysis expertise. Common activities include gathering and analyzing requirements, performing comprehensive data analysis, mapping data between two systems, writing SQL queries, developing and testing reports, researching and documenting current methods, and automating processes where appropriate.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Analyzes current business processes and finds opportunities for automation
- Gathers reporting requirements and produces specifications with business and technology teams
- Designs and implements reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to make effective decisions
- Draws insights from data that will be used by various departments and teams
- Designs, builds and maintains dashboards/visualizations that will be used by other teams
- Conducts ad hoc data analysis and data quality investigations
- Analyzes granular data for segment and trend analysis
- Develops routines to migrate data between Microsoft SQL Server and Access
- Works with internal staff to gather requirements and implement a new AMS backend
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, SSMS, and writing SQL queries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (VBA, macros, pivot tables)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills: able to develop and use structured approaches to identify root causes and recommend resolutions
- Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively and instill confidence in recommendations, motivating others to act on them
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent from four-year college
- At least two years performing data analysis, database programming, or report development using Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, or a comparable database technology
- At least one year developing reports in SAP Crystal Reports, Microsoft SSRS, or a comparable reporting package
- Any experience using Microsoft Excel’s (Data) Analysis Toolpak
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who meet the following requirements:
- Possess knowledge, skills and behaviors (or competencies) that foster a productive relationship between ABC’s national office and its chapters
- Deploy strong problem-solving and analytical abilities to consume and deliver information about business process and programs
- Ability to become well versed in programs and services of ABC National in order to effectively and efficiently respond to chapter questions and requests
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
- Writing and verbal skills
- Self-starter, highly organized
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and key deadlines
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding self-directed work schedule
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues
- The highest level of personal and ethical standards
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.