Return to Previous Page
Business Development Manager
About ABC NorCal:
Associated Builders & Contractors Northern California (ABC NorCal) is a trade association dedicated to serving construction professionals from Fresno to the Oregon border. Our mission is to promote free enterprise by advancing the merit shop philosophy in the construction industry through education, advocacy and business services.
Careers at ABC
At ABC NorCal, we are passionate about what we do. We believe that the work of our employees directly influences our members’ success and reputation, as well as, our association’s future prosperity.
As an ABC NorCal team member, you’ll work in an environment that values communication, critical thinking, collaboration, the ability to problem solve and most of all, a passion to support our members and better our industry.
Position Title: Business Development Manager
Reports To: Deputy Executive Director Position
Classification: Full time, exempt position
Location/Duration/Hours/Other Details: This position is located in Livermore with frequent travel throughout a Northern California sales territory.
Hours: M-F, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours as needed.
Salary: Depends on experience. Base compensation + commission
Duties & Responsibilities
• In alignment with the organization’s strategic plan, develop and execute strategies that support the recruitment of new members and retention of existing members
• Establish a professional working and consultative relationship with members, prospects and other stakeholders by developing an understanding of their unique business needs
• Collaborate with leadership and marketing to identify and develop new programs and benefits based on member/prospect feedback, industry trends and research
• Develop deep knowledge of the various markets within Northern California and their corresponding business journals, trade publications and other lead generation tools
• Create a member-focused culture and model relationship-building skills in all interactions
• Foster a climate of innovation and resolve problems to ensure member satisfaction
• Effectively manage budget
• Record all member/prospect communications and interactions in Salesforce
• Up to 50% travel within Northern California
• Some evening and weekend hours required
• Attend one national conference annually
• Proven ability to drive incremental revenue, create new relationships, nurture existing relationships and build loyalty within a market region
• Active listener with ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences
• Consultative sales technique
• Demonstrated ability to close business deals
• High energy and outgoing
• Team player
• Organized with effective time management skills
• General business acumen
• Passion for providing quality services
• Salesforce or other CRM experience a plus
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus
How to apply: Email your cover letter, resume detailing relevant experience and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No recruiters and no calls please.
ABC NorCal is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at ABC NorCal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
ABC NorCal's Mission: To promote free enterprise by advancing the merit shop philosophy in the construction industry through education, advocacy and business services. | abcnorcal.org