: Education Director
: Chapter President/CEO, VP Finance & Operations
: Please emai
l with cover letter and resume.
Director of all educational programs, act
on any other matter as directed by the Chapter President/CEO.
* Chapter President/CEO will give the Educational Director, after consultation with the Board of Directors, and the General Apprenticeship Committee Chairperson, and Management/Education Committee Chairperson, the goals and objectives of the Education Department for the current calendar year.
1. Coordinate activities of all Chapter Apprenticeship progran1s and management educational programs.
a. Act as liaison between the Apprenticeship Committees, Community College, Federal I State apprenticeship funds and students.
2. Determine the need for new training programs within the Chapter membership.
a. Work with the Apprenticeship Committee members to create additional training programs.
b. Work with Management I Education Committee members to create educational programs to meet the needs of the membership.
3. Recruit new instructors for Chapter Apprenticeship programs and instructors for other educational programs.
a. Conduct "Train the Trainer Program" for new hired instructors.
b. Register them with proper school system and NCCER.
c. Maintain a reserve pool of teachers for future programs, as the need arises.
4. Establish and maintain liaison with local schools, civic agencies and other potential source
for recruiting apprentices.
5. Maintain accurate files on the progress of all apprentices; with proper records regarding state registration, Veterans Administration, and NCCER.
6. Keep the Apprenticeship Committee apprised of all information pertinent to the operation of the Chapter Apprenticeship program.
7. Work with the apprenticeship budget established by the Board of Directors and the President/CEO. Such budget will contain proposed sources of income and proposed expenditures, and approved by the Apprenticeship committee. It will be submitted as part of the Chapter budget.
8. Provide articles of interest on apprenticeship and other educational programs for the Chapter newsletter.
9. Monitor each program on a bi-weekly basis through personal visits to classes in all trades.
10. Will personally visit contractors that have potential apprentices an attempt to recruit same additional company participation.
1. Chapter President/CEO
a. Directly responsible for all actions.
b. Mutually assisting at all times.
c. Provide facts and ideas.
d. Submit reports covering activities and expenses.
2. Board of Directors
a. Provide ideas and information as needed, as well as execution.
b. Primarily responsible for maintaining and increasing apprenticeship.
c. Make formal report at monthly board meetings.
3. Apprenticeship Committee & Management Committee
a. Provide information and recommend policies and procedures for the committees to follow.
b. Act as liaison between this committee and the membership-at-large.
c. Keep minutes of all committee meetings and establish an agenda prior to each meeting.
d. Assist committee chairperson and board liaison in preparing monthly committee report of the Chapter Board of Directors.
Provide direction and supervision to Chapter office staff on all matters related to educational duties and responsibilities.