Each year, ABC presents the Craft Instructor of the Year (CIOY) award to an instructor who possesses outstanding creativity, a positive attitude and the ability to transfer knowledge through good communication skills and innovative teaching to promote lifelong learning to our future workforce. The recipient of this national award best embodies the merit-shop ideals through superior effort and talent.
|THE 2017 WINNER WILL RECEIVE:
||The 2017 Finalists Will Receive:
||The 2017 Finalists' Companies Will Receive:
- $1,000 cash prize compliments of NCCER
- One (1) round-trip coach airfare and three (3) nights' hotel accommodation (Tuesday – Friday)
- Video interview featured on the CIOY website
- Press coverage in ABC National outlets
- Currently teach a construction trade at an ABC chapter in good standing, training affiliate or an active ABC member firm.
- Possess a minimum of three continuous years of experience teaching a construction trade (or equivalent instructor experience).
- Must be a NCCER Certified Instructor and be able to provide proof of certification.
*For additional rules and regulations, click here
- All nominations must be submitted by Jan. 13, 2017 by 11:59 p.m. (EST). Click here to begin the nomination process.
- The following documents must be included to complete the nomination:
- 250-word (maximum) essay - please see the Rules and Regulations for details
- Proof of NCCER Certified Trainer certification
- Current resume, two-pages maximum, outlining nominee’s education, training, work experience and professional development activities
- Three (3) completed student feedback forms. You must use the forms provided.
- High-resolution color photo of the nominee
- Finalists will be announced, via email, on Feb. 1, 2017.
- Finalists will be interviewed during ABC’s 2017 Workforce Week in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. on Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017.
- The winner will be announced at the Careers in Construction Awards Ceremony on Friday, March 3, 2017.